Best ATV locks For The Money
Did you know that a thief is more likely to steal your ATV than any other vehicle? ATVs have a high value. They are also easy to carry, and their VIN can easily be changed. They are, therefore, an easy target for thieves.
However, it would be best if you do not let that scare you. You can use one of the devices like the best ATV locks to keep your ATV safe. Thus, it would help if you prioritized its security.
What We Will Learn In This Article
6 Best ATV Locks for the Money
In this article, we will discuss how to secure your ATV. We will also discuss the best ATV lock for your truck. Read on and select that which best suits you.
The following are some of the best clamps for locking your ATVs
1. Trimax TCL65 Wheel Chock Lock
Trimax tyre Chock is one of the best ATV security locks. It prevents anyone from towing or driving your machine when you are not aware. The clamp is yellow and red and is easy to install. It offers maximum protection to your ATV using the inbuilt chock that prevents it from rolling away. The arms of the device are coated with rubber to protect it from scratches.
You need to secure the arms of the product onto the sides of the tyre. Then, you should fix it to the ground and push it in. The two steps are all you need to keep your vehicle safe. Simple, right? The product has a superior pick-resistant system and comes with two keys. You cannot duplicate the keys.
Why is the Trimax Wheel chock the best ATV anti-theft device?
- Its dimension is 4*11.7*15.5 inches and weighs six pounds.
- The clamp has an inbuilt chock that prevents your ATV from rolling away.
- It has heavy powder-coated gauge steel that prevents corrosion.
- The tyre chock is pick-resistant, making it more safe and convenient for your ATV.
- It has a unique design that chocks the tyres securing your machine.
- The wheel chocks arms are rubber coated to protect the tyre from scratches.
- The arms are detachable, and you can adjust them according to the size of your wheels.
- It comes with two non-duplicate keys.
- Quick and easy installation for unattended trailers, cars, boats, ATVs and more.
- Built in chock prevents trailer rollaway
- High strength pick resistant locking mechanism, comes with 2 keys
- Made of heavy gauge rugged powder coated steel
- Rubber coated arms protect wheel finish
The Trimax TCL65 is one of the best ATV security devices that deters someone from stealing or towing it.
2. Trak 4 GPS Tracker
The Trak 4 GPS tracker is manufactured in the USA. It sends emails and text message alerts to notify you of your vehicle’s location. You can attach the tracker to your ATV or trailer. It uses GPS that transmits the map history and trails to show the travel direction over time. Also, it gives the approximate place whenever the GPS signal is not available.
The tracker has a rechargeable battery that has a high capacity. It can last between 12-18 months on one charge. You can charge the tracker using either a USB cable or your cell charger. The tracker has ping rates that you can set between 10 mins to 1 hour, depending on your preference.
What makes the Trak 4 GPS Tracker one of the best ATV security devices?
- Its dimensions are 3.25 *1.75*1.25 inches, and it is Gray.
- The tracker has ring rates from minutes to hours that you can select according to your preference.
- It has a mapping history to indicate the travel direction over some time.
- The device checks in once every day, even when the vehicle is not in motion.
- The tracker has a compact size and is compatible with a phone, tablet, or computer.
- Simple to use - start tracking in minutes | Email & text alerts | Geofencing
- $6.99 a month (prepaid annual) or $12.99 a month (paid monthly) for hourly pings with options for 10-min and 1-min
- REST API | Webhooks | Unlimited cellular data | No contract | No activation or cancellation fees | SIM included
- Computer, Phone, or Tablet | Great for GPS tracking of assets, inventory, and vehicles | Compact Size
- Up to 18 months on a single charge | Change your ping rate to manage battery life | Rechargeable with a cell charger or USB cable
Trak 4 GPS tracker enables you to locate your vehicle through its email and text alerts.
3. The Club 1000 Steering Wheel Lock
The Club 1000 steering tire clamp is the best ATV lock device. It is manufactured by Winners International, which was founded in 1986. The company is known for the best innovative tyre clamps for decades. The device has a self-locking mechanism and only requires one pull. It is a universal fit enabling it to be compatible with various ATVs and other vehicles.
The product is a combination of red and black that blends well with most vehicles. It is also available in blue and black, enabling you to select the color you prefer. It secures your machine using its steel hooks and Chromoly construction. You can use it while the ATV is on the trailer or when you pack it.
Why is the Club 1000 steering wheel the best ATV security lock?
- Its dimension is 4*9*6 inches, and it weighs two pounds.
- The device has a heavy-duty steel design with high-quality materials.
- The locking system has a self-lock mechanism that secures the ATV with one pull
- It is suitable for steering wheels with 8.75 to14 inches inner dimensions.
- The device has a strong steel hood that offers the steering wheel superior safety.
- It has a solid body made from metal that makes it solid and durable.
- The Club's patented self-locking feature locks with one pull
- Solid steel hooks for greater security
- Cro-moly steel construction resist sawing, prying,hammering, and freon attacks
- Highly visual theft deterrent. Fits steering wheels with inner dimension from 8.75 to 14 inches
- Universal fit for cars, light trucks, vans, and SUVs
The Club 1000 is the best steering wheel safety product that self locks with a single push.
4. VaygWay Tire Clamp
Vaygway is a superior brand that is known for lasting long. The product is red and yellow, making it highly visible. The color scares away anyone who dares to steal your ATV. It is due to the visibility of the device. It is made from high-quality metal material, making it sturdy.
The product does not require complex installation. You need to attach it to the tyre, fix it then keep the keys safely. It comes with two of them, enabling you to have a spare one if you lose one. Also, it has a PVC coating that protects the tyre against scratches and other damages to the rim. It is best if you clamp the ATV on the trailer and also after you park it.
Why is the VaygWay Tire Clamp the best ATV lock?
- The product is made from superior ABS to ensure it lasts long to give you value for your money.
- Its dimension is 15*2*11 inches, and it weighs 3 pounds.
- The product is red and yellow, making it highly visible. Thus, preventing anyone from attempting to steal it.
- It has a PV coating that protects it from scratches or damaging the rim of the tyre.
- The clamps are highly adjustable since it attaches and holds it securely.
- ✅ CONVENIENCE - Includes 2 keys. Incase of misplace, loose, or break one you will have a back up available.
- ✅ SUPERB QUALITY - Made with high quality ABS to ensure durability and efficiency for long lasting usage. It has PVC coating so it won't scratch or damage the wheel rims.
- ✅ ANTI-THEFT - Securely wraps around your wheel preventing theft attemps. Works on any auto ground motor. It makes your car virtually impossible for someone to rip off.
- ✅ EASY INSTALLATION - Easy and simple to use. Simply attach the clamp on your wheel and pocket your keys.
- ✅ VISIBLE - It won't simply be missed. With it is striking red and yellow color, it is highly visible. It is really a must have for anyone that has a bumper pull trailer of any kind.
The Vaygway tire clamps are one of the best ATV security locks that are highly adjustable and visible.
5. Zento Deals Wheel Locks
Why get one tyre clamp when Zento Deals offers two of them at an affordable price? The products have red and yellow paint that makes them highly visible. The color deters anyone from attempting to steal your ATV. They are sturdy and durable since they are ABS built, making them long-lasting. Also, they have a rubber coating that prevents scratching or damaging your rims.
The devices are compatible with ATVs, SUVs, RV, and trucks. It wraps around the wheels offering protection against theft and towering. You can use the clamps on both the front and rear tyres with directions on the package. It can keep two vehicles safe since they are two pieces. Alternatively, use the two for the two tyres. Also, securing the ATV while transporting it on the trailer is vital.
Why is the Zento Deals Tire lock a Reliable ATV Anti Theft Device?
- Its dimensions are 15*11*2 inches, and it weighs 9.5 pounds.
- The wheel clamp is ABS built, making it durable and long-lasting.
- They have a PVC coating that protects your tyre and rim from scratches ad damage.
- The clamps are designed for heavy-duty and long-term use.
- They each come with two keys in case you break or lose one.
- • SUPERB QUALITY - The Zento Deals tire clamp is made out of premium quality ABS to offer you the strongest, most durable and long lasting tire clamp. The handle is soft coated so that it is comfortable to carry. Most of all, the clamp has PVC coating so that it does not scratch or damage the wheel rims.
- • PROTECTION SATISFACTION - The Zento Deals tire clamp securely wraps around your wheel and prevents theft attempts, towing, or any messing with vehicle. It works for cars, SUV, ATV, RV or even trucks.
- • HEAVY DUTY - The Zento Deals tire clamp is highly visible due to its bright and striking red and yellow colors. The Zento Deals tire clamp is extremely durable, Light-weight versatile and easy to use. It is designed for a heavy duty and long term usage to have a good customer quality service.
- • ACCESSBILITY - The Zento Deals tire clamp includes 2 keys for your convenience. If you misplace, loose, or break one, you always have a break up available.
- • EASY INSTALLATION - The Zento Deals tire clamp is easy to use and a simple and convenient set up. No complicated installation required. Simply attach to your wheel, pocket the keys and walk away calmly knowing that your vehicle is once again safe.
The Zento Deals wheel clamps come in two pieces enabling you to enhance safety in one or two machines.
6. Homdox Wheel Lock
Homdox is one of the most secure clamps that prevents your vehicle from being stolen. It is made from cold roll steel that makes it sturdy and long-lasting. It is a universal fit with a unique design compatible with most bikes, trailers, and other cars. The device is yellow, making it highly visible to deter thieves from stealing or towing your truck.
It has a PVC covering that protects the tyres and rim from scratches. It is also ABS-built with a rust-resistant coating to prevent corrosion. It is compatible with tires’ width of 280mm and a diameter of 780mm. The clamp fits in the boots trunk, making it portable. Also, it is easy to use since you can fix it while the machine is on the trailer or after you park it.
Why is the Homdox the best ATV Security Lock?
- Its dimensions are 26*12*^ inches, and it weighs 6.74 pounds.
- The product has a PVC coat that prevents damaging the wheel or the rims.
- It is ABS built, making it lost lasting hence giving you value for your money
- The product fits tires with a width of 280mm and a 780mm diameter.
- It has a suction cup that prevents thieves from removing the wheel bolts.
- The product has spikes on the inner tyre. The spikes deter thieves who intend to remove the truck while the clamps are on.
- [Universal use for most vehicles] - The design of this tire lock is meant to be easily adjusted to different kinds of rim and tire sizes. This powerful anti-theft wheel tire clamp will be the bodyguard for most trailers, cars, SUV, Caravans, ATV, RV 24/7. 【Note】The tire radius should be less than 14".
- [Powerful material] - Made of heavy-duty steel and covered by rust-resistant coating, this clamp lock is quite durable, reliable and weather-resistant. Soft PVC is wrapped around the clamp which prevents scratch or damage on wheels or rims.
- [Perfect function] - This clamp will perfectly stop your car from turning or rotating so that it looks simple but effective. Locking the car wheel when parking for a long time and protect your car from being stolen.
- [Easy to install] - Easy to use while hard to break, you just need to do is to gently push down the key hole for locking it up, and please make the top part of the key confront the corner when you unlock it.
- [Easy to store] - Portable and easy to store and its size will fit in your trunk boot.
The Homdox keeps your machine safe.
Securing your ATV
Guarding your machine should be on top of your to-do list. There are various ways through which you can ensure that your vehicle is safe.
Previously, many people used chains and padlocks to hitch their vehicles. However, this is no longer safe. People are aware of how they can open the clamps within minutes and get away with the ATV. Therefore, you need more secure and reliable security measures. Remember that someone can remove the ATV VIN number. Thus, the following are some methods of protecting your ATV.
Lock Your ATV
You can decide to buy a tire clamp, also known as wheel locks. They are available in different colors, materials, and designs. Different tyre clamps are compatible with different wheels. Therefore, you need to select one that fits.
Another way to secure your ATV is to use the steering wheel clamp. It clamps it, deterring the vehicle from moving unless you unlock it. It makes it difficult for thieves to drive your truck away.
Finally, you can use a GPS tracker. The tracker does not prevent your ATV from being stolen. But it keeps track of its location. ATV GPS tracker gets connected to your phone or computer, enabling you to trace it. The tracker enables you to locate your vehicle even without being connected to the cellular network.
Keep your ATV Trailer Safe
It is easy for someone to hook the ATV to the trailer and drive away. Thus, protecting it is vital in keeping it safe. You also need to keep the gearing equipment safe to prevent anyone from attaching the ATV to the trailer and driving off.
Grounding anchor is an excellent way to keep your ATV safe. You can ground the anchors on the concrete to hold it down. You can either install the anchors on your garage or shed where you keep the ATV.
Fix Safety Cameras
Installing cameras will not deter thieves. But, it can help the police in tracing them in case your ATV is stolen. The video from the cameras can also serve as proof when they are caught. You can fit the safety camera where you keep the vehicle. The price of one camera is approximately $50.
Keep the ATV Close to Your House
It is best to build your garage next to your house. Ensure that you can hear or see the garage from your house. Keeping your truck close to the house enables you to hear breaks into the garage.
Consider Installing a Car Alarm
A car alarm is essential in alerting you if someone tries to steal the ATV from the trailer. You can also decide to install it directly. When the alarm goes off, it will alert you and scare the thief away, keeping your ATV safe.
Why do people steal ATVs?
People steal ATVS for various reasons. It has a high value that prompts the thieves to take and monetarize it. They can either sell the ATV or sell the parts to willing buyers.
Another reason why people take off with ATVs is because they can remove their VIN number and get away with it. ATVs do not require formal registration. In addition, an owner or the authorities cannot track the VIN number. So once someone removes the pins, it is almost impossible to get the machine back.
Also, unlike cars, ATVs are easy to carry away within a short time. It makes them an easy target for people who intend to take and get away before being caught.
Inquiries - Frequently Asked Questions
The following are answers to the questions you have been asking on securing your ATV.
How do I protect my ATV from theft?
There are many different methods of protecting your ATV from being stolen. As we have been discussing, you can use wheel clamps to keep your vehicle safe. Also, you can use a steering wheel lock or a GPs tracker.
Another way to protect your car from being stolen involves grounding anchors. It is easy for a thief to drive off with the trailer with the machine attached to it. Therefore ensure you fix it as well. Also, you need to fix safety cameras. They will help with investigations in case your vehicle is stolen.
A car alarm is also vital in alerting you in case of a theft attempt. In addition, ensure that your garage is built close to your house. It enables you to hear anyone attempting to take off with your ATV. Always ensure that you lock your garage door.
How do you secure a four-wheeler?
There are several ways to keep your four-wheeler safe from being stolen. We have been discussing some of these ways, including:
- Using wheel clamps to prevent the thief from driving away with your truck. Clamp the ATV while transporting it on the trailer and also when you pack it.
- Always remember to remove the key of the four-wheeler when you park it. It does not matter if it’s for a short period.
- You can also install ground anchors onto the concrete of your garage and lock it.
- Another method is to use an electronic anti-theft device like a digital key for keeping your vehicle safe.
- Installing a safety system in the shed or garage will also deter theft. It prevents people from accessing your four-wheeler.
- It is best to park the truck in a locked garage close to the house. It enables you to hear in case of a thief breaks in.
- You can secure your vehicle using a handlebar lock to prevent its tyres from rotating. Also, keep the trailer safe.
Do GPS trackers work for ATVs?
Yes, GPS trackers work for all-terrain vehicles. They enable you to locate your ATV if it is stolen. You can connect them to your phone or computer.
How do you lock a quad bike?
You can protect your quad bike using different types of clamps. For example, you can use tire clamps that prevent the tires from moving. You can also protect it using or handlebar. Alternatively, you can install a GPS tracker to help you locate the bike if it is stolen.
Protecting your ATV is a priority to deter thieves from taking it. There are various ways to lock the vehicle, depending on what works best for you. It is best to only use the best ATV security locks for maximum safety. I wish you the best as you make your selection.
About the Author
Here, meet Jeffrey Silva a professional motor blogger. For the decades he has been working in motor industry, playing with the engine and sharing his personal experience about the motor and vehicle engine.